family

family

Monday, March 15, 2010

Running

I signed up for the National Half Marathon last fall. It's one of two long races that I have yet to run in DC. In 2007 I ran the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler and the Marine Corp Marathon. The two left are the National 1/2 Marathon and the Army 10 Miler. The Army 10 Miler is held every fall. I've never been able to run in the race because a) it fills up within a week and b) I also seem to be away at work. I've had the same trouble with registering for the National 1/2 Marathon, however it's never been work related. Last fall I decided as soon as registration opened that I would register. I did and forgot about it. Over the past 4-5 months I kept telling myself that I would get into the habit of running but first it was the holidays, then the big snowstorm hit, next I was traveling. Now it's a week before the race and the farthest I've run is 4 miles and that may have been on the elliptical. So naturally I do what anyone training for a race would do, I ran 8 miles yesterday. There were some rough spots during my run, but I think I'm going to make it. It may not be the best/fastest race this weekend, but I will be able to complete it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...