family

family

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Whew!!

Wow! What a busy weekend. Our sale was a HUGE success. The finally number are still coming in, but I think we reached our goal and maybe surpassed it. I'm exhausted. I spent a great deal of time at the site this weekend and experienced the sale in so many different ways, from Preview Night, to the sale opening, and today at bag day.

Bag day was an interesting experience. People bought black trash bags for $40 and stuffed them full of goods, whatever they could carry. The best part of day was the fire alarm that went off in the middle of the day. When we told everyone they had to leave the site, people didn't want to part with their loot and stayed until we forced them out. After several in and out weaves the fire department gave the all clear. Somewhere in the building the painting fumes (propane fumes) set the fire alarms off.

I spent the day in clothing, picking up clothes, removing hangers, and consolidating racks. I can't believe how much merchandise we moved today. The rest of the week different groups will come by to pick through the stuff and with FreeCycle coming in on Thursday. I really thankful to have been a part of this experience. I even found several great buys myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...