family

family

Monday, March 29, 2010

Quilling

I'm making a scrapbook as a wedding gift for my sister. I have less than one week to start/finish it before I leave for STL. I've been so uninspired. I've never made a wedding book, and it's overwhelming me. I did what any scrapper would do and searched the internet for ideas. I found a site that I had been to before, scrapbooking.com, and typed in weddings. Ton's of layouts emerged. Most of them weren't what I was looking for, but I did come across a technique new to me "quilling". It's basically wrapping paper around itself. I'm sure most of us did this in art class.

I googled how to quill and searched several sites before I found what I was looking for. Quilling really easy and involves scrap paper and a straight pen or toothpick. Here's the results. I'm undecided about whether or not it will become a part of my crafting repertoire, but I gave it a shot. Here's a photo of my page.

3 comments:

  1. Very nicely done!

    Check out my sites for some easy free projects, quilling can become very addicting once you get started.


    Keep on Quillin',
    Denise
    http://www.customquillingbydenise.com/shop
    http://customquilling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heart is a really cute addition to your layout. I love how the smallest bit of quilling can be so eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great comments. I'm still learning to the technique, but I hope to use it in my other projects.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...