family

family

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New York

Today I woke up at 3:30 a.m. to head up to NYC. I rode the acela amtrak train from DC to NYC. The trip took 3 hours. Upon arrival I promptly boarded the subway and made my way to TIme's Square. I had about an hour to kill before heading into Brooklyn for my meeting. When I was visiting with my sister last weekend she asked me to exchange a coffee mug, she purchased at Starbucks a few weeks back. Since it was before 9:00 a.m. I decide to go ahead and make my exchange. I thought the Starbucks in DC were busy, they were nothing compared to NYC ones. I actually passed several before finding one that wasn't crowded. I made the deal, and headed over to McDonalds to kill more time. Little did I know that it would take almost an hour to travel from Manhattan to Brooklyn. I arrived at the meeting with minutes to spare. The meeting took 2.5 hours and then it was back to Manhattan.

When I was in NY several weeks ago, I really wanted Pinkberry, but we were never around it. I had the cab drop me off a block from where I remembered a location. It was as delicious as advertised. I indulged in chocolate with fruity pebbles, strawberries, banana, and dark chocolate balls.

After eating I headed back to Times Squares for last minute shopping, then it was back to the train station. While I was waiting for my train I saw the inconceivable man from the Princess Bride waiting to board a train. It was the first time I've seen a famous person in NY.

Overall, not a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...