family

family

Friday, March 12, 2010

Jodi Piccoult

I love Jodi Piccoult. She is my favorite author. The first book of hers I read was My Sisters Keeper back in 2005. I loved it so much that I read through all her books in two years. I definitely have my favorites: 19 Minutes, My Sister's Keep, Vanishing Acts, Handle With Care, Change of Heart, and Plain Truth.

Her newest book House Rules is about an autistic boy. It's the first time I remember her writing a male as the lead character. I'm enjoying it. I love that Jodi writes about real life topics. She is an amazing storyteller.

While I was at home last weekend my sister informed me of the release of Jodi's newest book. We went back and forth on who was going to buy it. I volunteered that my dad should buy it for us, my sister did not agree. We both decided we would check it out from the library. I however, couldn't wait. When I returned home I promptly purchased it on Amazon. I've started reading it and it hasn't disappointed me.

Jodi has been an author at the National Book Festival two out of the past four years. I've been out of town both of those times. I'd really like to meet her and have her sign my books.

If you haven't read any of her books I encourage you to stop what you are doing and read one.

2 comments:

  1. i have an image in my head of you lugging a huge box of all her books with you to the mall for her to sign:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is my favorite author. I wish I could pull my suitcase with all my books up to her table and have her sign all of them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...