family

family

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Charlotte's First Christmas

I had so much fun decorating for the holidays this year and decorating my newest obsession, baby C. I love, love, love this time of year for the true meaning of Christmas and everything else that surrounds it.  This post is lengthy, but mainly due to photos. Here are some of the highlights from the month. A separate Pinterest post coming on my decorations.

We started the month off with family photos for our first Christmas card which was sent out late. C got to meet Santa for the first time, but she didn't really care too much for him.





David and I went to two of his work Christmas parties, thanks to grandma coming to babysit. (not the best photo, but the only one I have)


We had a photo shoot for Christmas. I'm glad to have an easy going baby who indulges me by letting me take her picture so much!




And best of all we were able to travel to Missouri for a few days to see family. We were able to see lots of extended family while we were home, but no friends on this trip.


My sister made the matching shirts for the girls. This is one of the only pictures of the three wee girls where they are all looking towards the camera. This was after lots of tears and crying. H looks possessed but it's cute.  


I wish I could have captured the excitement and sparkle in C's eyes when she saw the presents and started opening them. She LOVED it. 

Some more photos with the family. 








Being this cute is so hard. 




Charlotte went to visit her great grandpa, who is 99. I'm hoping he makes it to 100. I've always wanted to send in a photo for the Today Show's Smuckers recognition for those over 100.

We celebrated Christmas back here in San Diego with food and gifts from Santa. I can't wait till next year when C understands more about Christmas. I really like traditions and as much as I wanted to start some this year, we will have to wait until next year to implement most of them. 

Christmas Traditions I want to start. 

1. Elf on the Shelf
2. Standard photo with Santa
3. Christmas pjs on Christmas Eve along with Twas the Night Before Christmas. 
4. Reading the Christmas Story from the Bible Christmas morning. 
5. Dinner and beach, when we are in San Diego. 
6. Polar Bear Express idea. For more information on this check out my friend's blog. 

Here is what was on C's Christmas List this year. 






My new toy by B. Toys. 


FaceTime with family. Sometimes I love technology. 

We decided to head over to Coronado for the afternoon. After a photo shoot on the beach at the Hotel Del Coronado we witnessed an incredible sunset. 







And our last photo shoot for the holidays. 








2 comments:

  1. Great pictures and updates! Aren't sunsets on the beach the best thing ever? That one was beautiful.
    Charlotte is getting so big. I am so so excited about meeting her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I'm glad we will both be in the same area at the same time. Only a few more weeks. We'll have to get a few pictures of the girls.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...