family

family

Saturday, May 04, 2013

Whatever Wednesday

First off, I can't believe its May already. Seriously where did April go? I look back at my calendar and I see things on the schedule, but .......

Last week I shared several outfits from my color combo challenge. This week's color combo is Yellow and Gray. Yellow and gray has always been a favorite of mine. I was able to re-wear several items that haven't been worn in awhile, mainly because I was pregnant this time last year. I love the sandals in several pictures below. I bought them while pregnant and I couldn't fit my feet into them, but after the swelling subsided they fit like a glove. 





I'm loving this necklace below, but it's SOLD OUT. 


Again, my picture taking needs some help. I'm actually a good photographer, but haven't mastered the selfie. 

My next random topic - FELT. Yes, you read that right felt. I have seen sooo many posts on Pinterest of people using felt for projects that I decided I wanted to work with it more. Little did I know, felt comes in different weights and materials. The felt found at craft stores is not what should be used in felting projects. I tried it, became discouraged and swore off felt forever. That is until I found the beauty below and decided I would give felt another try. Quality felt does work for bows! What projects would you use felt for?



4 comments:

  1. Did you make those bows? Where did you get your felt? I made some bows with felt from HobLob...they turned out okay....but that felt is freaking adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I found them on Pinterest of course, but they inspired me to give felt a try again. I ordered mine from Etsy - sweetemmajean. She was easy to work with. I found a couple sellers with the polka dot felt, but they were all overseas. I used a clorox bleach pen to make dots. It worked ok. I'm planning to order more neutral colors from the seller.

      Delete
  2. Come give my wardrobe a makeover. I haven't bought new summer clothes since 2009...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love too! I think in another life I would have been a stylist. A girl can at least dream.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...