family

family

Friday, January 25, 2013

Pinterest Thursday: Sewing

My mom bought me a sewing machine for my 30th birthday and I love it. I've sewn  a number of things since I received it: pants, burp cloths, blankets, etc. I've used several tutorials I've found on Pinterest and wanted to share a few of them with you.

When I found out I was pregnant I was on a sewing rampage. Anything baby related that I thought was cute I wanted to replicate.

The first thing I tried my hand at was a diaper strap. This was the easiest project I found and I was able to use scraps of material I already had on hand. To say I got carried away was an understatement. Everyone who was pregnant received one of these. The tutorial can be found here. I have found these great for throwing in the diaper bag for keeping your wipes/diapers organized.


I also made a different diaper caddy. This one is more of a "pouch" that I like to keep in the car for emergencies. Tutorial can be found here.



I was also excited to find a burp cloth tutorial. However, I don't think the burp cloths I made work well at all. I made some for friends and after I used them myself I had to tell the people that I made them for that they didn't work well. The tutorial, if you want to take a stab at it, can be found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...