family

family

Saturday, December 15, 2012

4 Months Old

Baby girl, I can't believe you are 4 months old already. While this wasn't the most exciting month for me, you continue to amaze me with how much you are growing.


4 Months



Height: 24 inches long; 50th percentile
Weight: 12 lbs. 9 oz.; 15th percentile
Head Size: 16 inches; 50th percentile
Diaper Size: Cloth diapers, smallest size
Clothes: 0-3 month pants fit best, but you are transitioning to 3-6 month clothes
Sleep: Your bedtime is 8:00 pm, Yes! And you are sleeping through the night until 8:00 am. Once in awhile you will wake up for a nightly feeding. Your nap schedule however is a totally different story, it's all over the place. I do have a confession. When you are particularly cranky at night I play a song from Breaking Dawn - A Thousand Years - and it soothes you.
Eating: You still eat every 2-3 hours. The doctor suggested we start you on food. We haven't decided if we are going to or not.
Mommies Milestones: You are all over the place nowdays. You can roll over both ways and you have recently started rolling from your tummy to your back. You have started to hold your bottle, but you haven't mastered holding it upright. You are smiling and laughing up a storm, but you haven't started giggling just yet. You hold your own head up so it's been much easier to tote you around. You also love to be held upright. You have started to cover your face with your blankets. You haven't mastered moving the blanket off your face. It's time to play Peek-A-Boo. You are trying to crawl and I'm assuming it will only be a matter of weeks until you are officially mobile and the baby proofing will begin.

4 Month Favorites



1. Foscam - I love this video monitor. It's not your typical baby monitor, actually it's not an official baby monitor but it does the same thing plus its cheaper that the standard video monitors. And we can control view C from our iPhones and iPAD. The only thing it doesn't have is sound, but I think you can upgrade the app and pay for sound or just listen to her from the other room. BTW- we purchased a separate sound monitor for nighttime. 
2. LAMAZE Pull Toy - This is another great toy we have added to our collection. It rattles, crinkles, pulls, etc and C love to put each piece of it in her mouth. 
3. Bumbo - You either love it or hate it and even after the recalls I still love it. Yes, we have the safety strap, but to be honest I don't like it. I think the "after market" ones are awful. It has definitely helped her to sit up. 
4. Bum Genius - We took the plunge and tried cloth diapering. I was skeptical at first, but I really like them and I think they are pretty much low maintenance. 
5. Planet Wise Wet/Dry Bag - If you are using cloth diapers this bag is a must for carrying your dirty diapers while you are shopping or traveling. 

What favorites have you come across?




3 comments:

  1. Um, had NO idea you were back at blogging! I'm excited to catch up on your blog. And it goes without saying, but Charlotte is ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for cloth diapering! Have you tried cloth wipes too? It is SO.EASY. and way cheaper than regular wipes...love the planet wise diaper bags too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaimie, I am back. Hopefully I will keep it up. Jenny, I haven't tried the cloth wipes yet, but I've considered it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...