family

family

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pinterest Thursday: Cleaning Solutions

I'm always interested in learning about new cleaning solutions and Pinterest has been a great place to learn new ones, so I thought I would review a couple of them today. I don't have before and after pictures of most of them, but I will link to the original posts.

Arm Pit Stains
First is getting rid of arm pits stains. None of us like to admit that some of our most beloved white shirts quickly become dingy by continuous wear and washing. Most arm pit stains are impossible to get rid of, but I found this pin to work well on stains that were not too set in. I would give it 3 Stars.

Cleaning Your Mattress
After two weeks of being transported half way across the country and stored our mattress needed to be cleaned. Not to mentioned that we have had it for 8 years. I had come across a pin on cleaning your mattress and decided to give it a try it couldn't hurt right? I can't really say if it worked or not, but it made me feel better. I'm really glad that I tried it since we are moving that mattress to our guest room.
3 Stars

Cleaning Residue off of Appliances
Again after moving our appliances needed a good deep cleaning. I remember seeing a pin on getting the grit off of appliances and decided to give it a try. Overall I think this worked extremely well and would recommended it.
4 Stars




Cleaning Your Iron
Our old iron had gotten gritty from years of use and instead of getting a new iron I wanted to try and clean our iron first. I haven't actually tried this pin, but I tried a different one that I had seen from Real Simple that did not work at all. It was a waste of 20 minutes. If you come across a pin that recommends running your iron over salt don't try it.
1 Star

Getting Your Towels Clean
Again after years of using the same towels I wanted to "deep" clean of current towels and restore them to their original absorbency. I had my doubts about this one, but I think it worked the towels felt better and I felt drier.
4 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...