family

family

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Marley and Me

I just finished reading the book Marley and Me. If you haven't read it, the story is told by a dog owner who thinks his dog is the worst animal ever. I would agree that the dog seems like a pain in the butt, but I feel that all animals can be annoying at some point. My sister's dog Macy is sooo cute, but she was taking things out of my suitcase all weekend. First it was my socks then my underwear. Everyone thought it was funny except for me. She's still young, so I will cut her some slack, but she can be very hyper/annoying. However, she was nothing like the dog in the book. When I would mention to friends that I was reading Marley and Me, they would warn me not to read the last chapter. I knew then, that the dog died in the end, but I knew that animal stories have never made me cry. I didn't cry for Lassie or the dog in Where the Red Fern Grows. I will say the end was sad, and I almost teared up (I'm not a monster), but there weren't tears. I can't decide if I will see the movie in theaters this Christmas or wait till it's on DVD. Here's a picture of Macy when she was being good.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...