family

family

Friday, February 01, 2008

February's Challenge

Today marks my second month long challenge of the year. For my "new year's resolutions" I decided to challenge myself to do something new every day for an entire month. Blogging is my second challenge. Seeing as I haven't blogged in almost 3 months, I felt this was something I should try.

You may be thinking what did you complete in January.? After reading an article on Streak Runners I decided to run every day for the duration of January. Streak Runners run at least one mile per day outside. They don't use treadmills or ellipticals. Some of the elite runners have been in the club for 15-30 years. To read the article in its entirety click here. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=streakrun My challenge consisted of running at least a mile every day, but I could use the elliptical and the treadmill. Most days I was able to run at least three, however there were a few times I only ran the required one mile. I faced two challenges this month: having company in over the weekend and visiting my family back in Missouri. On both occasions I stuck to my plan and ran. However while I was at home, the temperature dropped below 10 degrees every morning I ran. It was less than enjoyable.

What did you decide to change this year?? I'm still looking for suggestions on what I can do each month. If you have a recommendation for me let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...