family

family

Saturday, February 02, 2008

2007 Goals

For the past few years I have tried to read 52 books in a year. Sometimes it was easier than others. This year I decided to take a break from this goal. I am still going to read, but I want to enjoy and remember the books I read. Here are some of my favorites from 2007.

Little Women
Nineteen Minutes
Saving Fish From Drowning
Vanishing Acts
A Thousand Splendid Suns
Water for Elephants
The Glass Castle

My other goal was to run 500 miles. I never imagined how challenging this would be. I started recording the number of miles I was running back in January. I had planned to run a ten mile race in April and wanted to see how much training I needed to accomplish this. Once I had completed this race I moved on to a marathon. This was something I decided to do mid year with my sister. This wasn't something I had planned on doing, but since I turned 26 last year I thought it was the perfect time to achieve it. Even with training for a marathon, I only briefly surpassed my goal of 500 miles, and it wasn't until September or October that I reached my mark. I ended the year running 687 miles. This year I decided to run a couple smaller races. I have already signed up for my first half marathon in St. Louis.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3.2.08

    day 2 and you've blogged. nicely done! its hard coming up w/ crap to say every single day! i'll be looking forward to your daily entries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4.2.08

    dude, where's the update?!? i was expecting to get 2 new entries. so how does this work?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...