family

family

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday: Names

I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika for today's post on Names. I love hearing how people come up with their kid's names and I can't wait to read everyone's stories.

David and I thought about names way before we were planning to get pregnant. We both liked different names and there were times when I thought we would never agree on a name. That all changed when we started watching Sons of Anarchy. We both instantly liked the name "Jax" and "Jackson". Not long after that we were introduced to Pushing Daises. The lead actress' show name was Chuck aka Charlotte and again we both liked its uniqueness. At that point it was obvious to us that our children would be named after characters in shows we liked. The caveat to this was that we both had to like the show. That eliminated tons of names because we watched different shows and had a few shared ones.

When we found out we were pregnant we decided to stick with our two names Jackson and Charlotte and call them Jax and Charlee. I loved Chuck but thought it was too boyish for a girl. My parents gave my brother/sister/I names that couldn't be shorten and I always wanted a nickname. I wanted to call our kids by a nickname but give them strong names if they really disliked the nicknames we called them. As our pregnancy progressed we heard Jackson everywhere and were thankful that we found out we were having a girl. We were pretty set on calling C Charlee, but it never stuck and she ended up Charlotte. Now when we joke around calling her Charlee she'll respond with my name's not Charlee it's Charlotte.  Towards the end I really ended up liking the name Elliot for a girl, but David wasn't sold on it. Two of our friends that same year named their kids Elliot (1 boy and 1 girl) so I guess it's better we choose Charlotte. In the years since C was born I've known at least three girls born and named Charlotte.



She has kept all that hair.

The second time around we didn't have a favorite tv show character name to use. I was still sold on Elliot for a girl but had zero boy names. I loved Kennadi, Lincoln and Everly. When we found out we were having a boy I was stumped on names. I entertained Grayson, Dax and Landon but none of them stuck, plus Grayson was becoming increasingly popular. We were pretty set on using Everett for a middle name and after some discussion decided on naming him Everett and calling him by his middle name or a nickname. We came up with Carter but after a few weeks I wasn't feeling it. I saw James on the WTE site and immediately knew that was our name. I felt Everett was an old name for a baby and we thought about calling him EJ. He could always use Everett when he was older. Once he arrived he was Everett or "Mr Big Stuff" as Charlotte and I affectionally call him. Everett is David's grandfather's name and the kids only living great-grandpa. The name Everett is making a comeback as I heard of several other babies with the same name since his birth.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...