family

family

Saturday, August 09, 2014

Charlotte's 2nd Birthday

I can't believe my baby girl turned 2 over the weekend. She has become a spitfire little thing with sass for days. We are working on asking her how old she is. Sometimes she gets it right and sometimes she replies with Char Char. Holding up two fingers on the same hand is a different story so for now we hold up our pointer fingers on both hands. Here's how we celebrated her special day.

We set out for donuts in the morning. We tried a new place close to home. The donuts were ok, David said they were no Donut Bar.


After breakfast we watched several shows until it started raining. Those of you who live in SD no how rare it is for us to get rain, so of course we had to play in it. One of Charlotte's gifts was an umbrella and she was so excited to use it. We recently read Rain, Rain Go Away and she was singing that as she played. And the rain listening and went away until later in the day. 



The rest of the day was pretty low key. David went into work for awhile and me and C chilled at home. I thought the rain would make it cooler, but it just felt muggy. For dinner we planned on going out to celebrate. Our friends the Miltimore's were able to join us at Chuck-E-Cheese. The girls had a blast riding the rides and didn't want to leave. I have to say as an adult it's still one of my favorite places to go. I'm sure most of that is due to all the childhood memories I have there. 




Enjoying a bundler from Nothing Bundt Cakes. That seems to be our birthday tradition. It's the perfect size for a wee one to share with her parents. 


Charlotte we LOVE you so much and can't wait to see what the next year has in store for you.



Last year I found several cute birthday photos on Pinterest. One of the sites suggested choosing an object to use with your child each year. The example I found used a crown, but knowing how easily those are broken I choose to go with something more classic, fake pearls. I'm hoping we will continue to this tradition for a long time.

1st Birthday

2nd Birthday


1st Birthday

2nd Birthday



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...