family

family

Sunday, August 03, 2014

What We've Been Up To

At the beginning of the summer I posted a list of summer activities that I wanted to do as a family. As summer is winding to an end, although the heat is here two stay for another 2 months or so, I wanted highlight two activities that we enjoyed recently.

Waterfront Park
This park opened up 3 blocks from where we use to live downtown. Oh, how I wish it would have been open last summer. We went with our friends the Brumbacks down to the park. There is a huge water area, park and grassy area. The kids had an absolute blast playing. I definitely want to go back. Who doesn't like free entertainment. I do think the playground should have an area with equipment for smaller children. And there was no shortage of patrolman, we were called out multiple times because the little ones were climbing on things.







Del Mar Race Track
I have never been to a horse race, so when David told me we were going to have the opportunity to head out there this year I was really excited. The track, pavilion and grounds are huge. I wasn't expecting the facility to be as large as it was. We had a private area with a tent, food, front row view of the track and best of all it was fenced. C had a blast running around and playing with all her friends. We bet on a few races. I won $15 on the first race I bet on. I think that might have covered all my losses for the day. We stayed pretty late and C missed her nap, but was still going strong by the time we left. That girl has energy for days. If you are in SD during racing season, I recommend you stop by. Sorry Ashley, the season will be end before your trip. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...