family

family

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Comic-Con 2014

We once again were able to get tickets to Comic-Con which is going on this weekend is SD. We were able to go on Friday this year and it did not disappoint. We ended up going in the afternoon after David finished up working. We dressed C up in case we saw someone famous. On our way there we stopped by Kansas City BBQ where several scenes from Top Gun were filmed. I think the appropriate choice considering where we were headed. The food was ok and now we can say we've been there.

Minnie Mouse does Comic-Con.


People came out dressed to kill. I have to say, with all the tv that I watch I didn't recognize many of the costumes. I guess I'm not into as many of the cultish tv shows as I thought. Since C was with us we didn't participate in any of the panels. I'm not sure we would have gotten into any of them, since the lines were long. We had wanted to view the Orphan Black panel but figured it was going to be one of the more popular panels and are chances were slim of getting in. I wish I had been on my game and took a picture of Sharknado. Yes, someone created a Sharknado headpiece. It was pretty cool.

We walked around the exhibit hall which is massive. Last year we missed out on the exclusive Ugly Dolls and this year that was our first stop. We scored a Joker and Batman doll. I wanted the Wonder Women one, but C choose the Joker. We passed by a Mocking Jay signing, but I didn't recognize any of the actors. After more wondering around we headed out to check out what was on the street.





At some point C decided to take a nap and we paused our travels to rest. We sat down next to a group that was dressed up as Dr. Who. They were "hiding out" from the paparazzi of attendees that wanted a photo of them. Apparently there were lots of Dr. Who references that I missed. Maybe I should check out the show??


Hopefully we'll be lucky enough to go back next year, sans kids. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...