family

family

Monday, July 07, 2014

4th of July and Pinterest Projects

I hope everyone enjoyed the 4th and ate lots of food, swam a great deal and watched/shot off fireworks! We did all those things, well except for the shooting off fireworks part. It is illegal in SD to sell and/or purchase fireworks. Bummer for kids and adults. 

We watched a local show Thursday night. I wasn't sure how C would react but she loved it. Actually she loved running around with "friends", the term she uses for anyone her age. 

We were invited to a block party on Friday and had a blast. The hosts rented a huge water slide which C went down once, had a slip-n-slide and a kiddie pool. They had amazing food and activities to occupy the whole day. C had so much fun playing with the other kids and I enjoyed a relatively relaxing afternoon chatting and eating with friends. After about 5 hours with no nap we headed home to check on daddy who was feeling under the weather and stayed home. 







It wouldn't be a holiday unless the mantel was decorated. A friend of mine made paper fans for her daughter's birthday and I loved them. I had printed off the subway art last summer so we reused that piece. I made pinwheels last summer too, but I don't remember where I found the tutorial. This year I made parade wands for the kids to use as "sparklers". The bucket with clothespins is from our summer bucket list activity thanks to MOPS. We've completed a few items on our to do list and I'm planning to print off photos to hang on the mantle. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...