family

family

Monday, July 14, 2014

Whatever Weekend

Does it feel like this is the longest week ever to anybody else? Maybe it's because we haven't had plans this week or because of the holiday weekend but it's dragging for me. Thankfully we had plans Thursday and Friday.

Charlotte turns 2 next month and still it attached to her "monkey" (paci for everyone else). I know I shouldn't stress about it, but I would like her to be weaned from it by her birthday. I know what you are thinking, good luck. She's getting much better at giving it to me if I ask her and we try to leave it in her bed, but she can reach it. Any tips or tricks are appreciated. We've considered cutting a hole in it and going cold turkey. Neither of which sound great.

We are also entering the beginning stages of potty training. We entered this idea a few months ago, but she wasn't completely ready. I don't know if she is ready now or not, but she wants to sit on the potty. It's been awhile since she's actually gone, but we keep trying. I'm working on a potty chart for her and we bought big girl pannies today. I don't know if I should try the 2-3 day approach or keep going at our own pace. Suggestions are welcome.

We are also trying to decide on when/if we move her to a toddler bed or just move her to a big bed. I know there are pros/cons to both. Depending on what we do, I am getting excited about decorating a big girl room.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...