family

family

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Whatever Wednesday

Since we no longer have cable and our antenna doesn't reach the NBC tower in SD I do not get to take part in watching the Olympics this year. I've tried to stay on top of the events and news online, but it's not the same as watching an edited version on NBC. I have been able to catch replays of events, but sifting through 5 hours of one sport isn't as much fun as it sounds. I never knew how much I would enjoy the edited primetime spotlight on the Olympics and the commentary.

I know there have been several upsets to the American athletes, but there have also been some surprising newcomers who are the future of the games. Hopefully I'll be able to catch a few of the events in the next few days.

I checked out 3 books from the library over the past week. Two I have checked out before, but didn't finish. Here's hoping the third time is a charm. The one I'm most excited about is Revenge Wears Prada. The other book I'm excited to read, which won't be out until November is Leaving Time by Jodi Piccoult.

I have so many unfinished craft projects around the house. I've told myself several times that I'm not "allowed" to start anything new until at least one of my other projects is complete. Sometimes this works other times it doesn't. Currently my totally is 6 unfinished projects. We are having a "complete your project" party this week with fellow MOPS moms so hopefully I'll get something done.

And last but not least I'm thinking about hosting a Matilda Jane Trunk Show later this spring. More details to come.

4 comments:

  1. I'm bummed Picoult's book won't be out till November. They usually come out in Feb/March. I always look forward to them. I tried to request it at the library, so that it could be put on hold for me, but they told me I couldn't request it more than six months in advance. Boo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting her book to come out this spring too. I'm intrigued by her Kindle book, but I don't think I'll by it.

      Delete
  2. I just finished revenge wears prada - loved it! Let me know what you think of it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it's as good as the first one. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...