family

family

Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day Weekend

I have found most people either love or loathe Valentine's Day. I've always enjoyed it. I love any excuse to dress up and go out to dinner. However, we usually eat in on the holiday. I don't care to wait a ridiculous amount of time to eat over priced food. I'm not a fancy-smancy food person, and I'd rather celebrate V-Day out on another day. Maybe I'm old or I've been married too long or both. 
I made David an "I love you because..." frame to help me encourage him daily. Plus, it speaks to one of his love languages. 



I had planned to make heart shaped pancakes and strawberry smoothies for breakfast, but instead I had a surprise breakfast with one of my good friends from high school who was in the area for a wedding. It was so much fun catching up with her. You can't even tell from the picture that she is in her third trimester with her third child. She's too cute. 



David arrived home early on V-Day and we spent the afternoon relaxing then cooking dinner which consisted of mac-n-cheese bread and chocolate covered strawberries. I found the recipes on Pinterest, of course and it was ok. We added bacon to give it a crunch. 

 

On Saturday we went to not one but two birthday parties and Charlotte was a champ. She didn't take a nap, but was still in good humor when we stopped by the mall after the parties. She seemed to especially like the fact that she wasn't wearing pants. She had peed through hers and mommy forgot to bring an extra pair. FAIL. 

On Sunday we went to church then had some friends over for dinner. We had such a good time hanging out with them and getting to see potty training in action. 



It wouldn't be a holiday without a photo shoot. Here are a couple pictures from our staged photos. For those interested, the letters are cut out of poster board and taped to the wall. I plan to have them laminated in order to continue using them year after year. 

Painted piggies
Matching Shirts


2013
2014


Outtakes





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...