family

family

Thursday, October 02, 2014

Whatever Thursday

Does anyone else feel like the days fly by and weeks drag on? That's what I am feeling right now. I can't believe it's already October and the holidays are right around the corner.

Since it is fall, that means tv shows are returning!!! I am so excited and feeling a bit overwhelmed at the same time. I've mentioned this before, but we only get two channels - ABC and CBS. While we have been able to live without cable and the other basic channels for a year now, there is so much available online that I can watch on demand. I also appreciate that we are on the East Coast time schedule which should mean I can watch most things live, but with our erratic sleeping patterns the past few months I rarely watch anything live.

Here is my tv fall line up.

Sundays


Mondays


I'm glad they decided to return to the one night show this season. I don't have a favorite yet, but I really like Val and Janel.

Blacklist 

Tuesdays

Chicago Fire

Wednesday

If you haven't checked this show out, you should. I picked it up mid season last year and I'm so glad that is was renewed. 


Law and Order: SVU

Thursday




 Parenthood

 Friday


I haven't picked up any new shows this season, because well I don't know what's out there plus this should keep my busy trying to keep up with all these shows. 

How many of you have downloaded the Target Cartwheel app? I've had it for several months now and use it frequently. I'm curious to know from those that also use it, do you buy things you normally wouldn't because you are getting an extra discount? I've been pretty good about only using it for things that I would normally purchase. I've saved around $20 with the app over the past 6 months or so. That in addition to the red card makes me feel like I'm getting a good deal, especially when things are already on sale. I tend to think that some things are definitely cheaper than Walmart. 

Speaking of Walmart, their response is the savings catcher app. I've been to Walmart more times that I can count in the last week (mainly for our MOPS group) and decided to download the app. In all of my trips I only saved $.79. Don't get me wrong, savings is savings, but.... The thing with the Walmart app, is that the discount isn't deducted right away. You can redeem it for a gift card I think. I don't know how long you have to redeem it, but I have a feeling that I will forget and lose my $.79. I know that Walmart's prices are generally cheaper, but I can also appreciate the fact that since they don't normally have sales this makes them more competitive and in the end I win, sort of. 

Who is excited that Monopoly is back at McD's?? Anybody, anybody? Well I am. I have been avoiding McDonalds this pregnancy for some reason. I think I had a bad food experience, so I haven't wanted to go back. BUT I may have to force myself to this month. :) 

And last but not least, a huge shout out to the ROYALS for that epic wildcard game. While the Royals are not my first team, it was fun to watch with Royals fans and have them break a 29 year drought of not reaching the playoffs. It's also exciting the Royals are playing in Anaheim the next two games. David and Yohan are going to the game tomorrow. Charlotte and I weren't invited. I guess we will watch from the comfort of our house. Actually, let's be real, it's going to be back up near 100 degrees this weekend so our house will be HOT and not comfortable. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with Revenge and DWTS. I love the Amazing Race but haven't had a chance to catch the first episode yet. I was "meh" about how to get away with murder, I'll try again this week before I decide though. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. carrie2.10.14

    This post cracked me up! I can't wait to see you next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up on "Revenge" last season. I just can't quit "Amazing Race". Love, love, love "Parenthood". Did you watch "Friday Night Lights"? I always tell people that if they like "Parenthood", they'll love "FNL". We're DVR'ing The Blacklist and Chicago Fire b/c I have SO many friends that love them. So far I'm into "Murder", but I haven't talked to many others who are.

    Ah, Cartwheel...I've saved $200 in the past year! (Keep in mind that I grocery shop at our Super Target.) I've found that if I browse it before I do my shopping and just select what I was already getting, I save a few bucks each trip. Plus, if you catch the big ones (I got 50% off winter boots last year - not that you'll need to worry about that), you can save quite a bit. Target is the Mothership for me. It's a problem.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...