family

family

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Liz's Baby Shower

The first couple in our small group is expecting their first child this October. The ladies along with Liz's sister and mom threw her a shower this past weekend. We had brunch food, games, and fellowship. I was responsible for the Strawberry/Spinach Salad with home made Popy Seed dressing, recipe below compliments of Megan.





Poppy Seed Dressing and Spinach Salad

1 pound fresh spinach, torn into bite sized pieces (I used baby spinach, it tastes better to me and it doesn't need to be torn up)
1 pint fresh strawberries or other seasonal fruit
1/2 cu each - walnuts and blue cheese or gorgonzola
Toss together and add poppy seed dressing just before serving

Dressing

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon mustard (like dijon)
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 onion - finely chopped
2 cups salad oil ( I use canola)
2 tablespoons poppy seeds

Mix together sugar, mustard, salt and vinegar and onion in blender. Process until onion is super small (almost liquified) With blender running, slowly add oil and continue blending until thinck. Add poppy seeds and whirl a few seconds.

Makes 3 cups.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my dear, that food looks yummy...and in terms of the library website, I have approximately nine things on hold at the library now because I was searching through their website. I love technology sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...