family

family

Monday, August 02, 2010

New Name

I created my blog 5 years ago when I first moved to DC. Blogs were very popular amongst my college friends, so I jumped on the bandwagon in an attempt to stay in touch with people. This is was before facebook opened to the public. (I remember scoffing at FB when a co-worker showed me his profile at work. I remember thinking that is was silly to write on someone's "wall" when you could call them. I kicked myself for a long time for not joining while my university e-mail address was vaild, but I digress). I contemplated the title of my blog for a long while before deciding on What's Next. I figured that I was starting a new phase in life - marriage, first job, and new city and title complimented the journey.

Here I am 5 years later starting a new phase appropriately title Second City. Can anyone guess why I choose that title? If you guessed that Chicago is the home of Second City then you are right! And since it's the second city David and I moved to I thought it fit. We finished moving into our second apartment over the weekend. By we I mean me, David was busy studying for finals. I moved into my second office building, with the same company. I have a sweet view- Chicago River, Lake Michigan, and Navy Pier. I missed the Transformers filming by a week.

So far I LOVE Chicago. There was never any doubt that I would, but I wasn't sure how I would feel about living in the city. I absolutely love it! My commute this morning took me all of 20 minutes door to door. I think it will be quicker tomorrow, since I now know where the bus stop is.

Pictures to come of the city and the new place.

2 comments:

  1. So excited you have a blog - I didn't know you had one! I love keeping up with the blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that we could come to Chicago to visit! I LOVE the city too and I think I would love living there... until winter that is. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...