family

family

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Update on 28 things (or 23 things)

For my birthday I decided I wanted to do 28 things in celebration of my age. I didn't really have a plan, but I knew several things I wanted to do and I figured it would be easy to come up with the rest. I decided to begin on Friday night and end on Monday. This was Sunday morning when I knew I missed my target. Here is my photo montage of my adventure.

1. Dinner and a movie Friday night with my dear friend
Jackie.

2. Presents


3. Trip to the National Zoo. The STL Zoo is way better. If you are in the DC area skip the zoo. Notice the shoes. They were a present.



4. 7-11 It was sticking hot on Saturday. We did what anyone one else would do, got drinks and snacks.


5. Hello Cupcake. This place was out of business. I don't know why their Web site is still up and running.


6. Lunch at Qdoba. I know, I know most people don't like Qdoba, but when you have a FREE entree because it's your b-day you go. The best part was, David's nachos were free with my points!


7. Law Enforcement Memorial and no I'm not pregnant, it was a bad pose.


8. Newseum (I highly recommend it)
Portion of the Berlin Wall

Antenna from World Trade Center

View of the Capitol

Missouri daily newspaper


9. Potbelly smoothie


10. Albert Einstein statue


11. FDR Memorial




12. Wine


13. Dinner



14. Pomegranate Martini


15. Redbox movie

16. Bead show with Megan

17. Bead purchases


18. Cakelove


19. Dinner with friends to celebrate my birthday and Tori's




20. Finding last minute Parachute/Script tickets

21. Parachute/Script Concert The fans ranged from 15 year old girls to cougars.









22. Picture with lead singer of Parachute and Katie.


23. Picture with the lead singer of the Script and Katie.

6 comments:

  1. Okay - how I have never realized that you have a blog!!! I'm glad you posted this on FB. Anyway, I loved the post and the 28 (or so...) things idea. How fun! Looks like you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN FUN!!!!!

    Happy Birthday by the way! :)

    The Albert Einstein sculpture was one of my favorite things in DC. So cool!

    Also, I love your website design. Hard to pull off red and green together and not look Christmasy, but you totally do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea...you should start planning your 29 for 29!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie B19.8.09

    i love those shoes!! you are too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1- i think you can still do the other 5 things....its still your birthday week!

    2- i agree with Jenny...you should make it an annual adventure.

    3- i am going to:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I told my sister about my plan, and she started planing her 33 b-day in October. It's so much harder than it seems. My additional things have been:

    1. watching Dexter season 3
    2. not going to NY
    3. B-day lunch at work (who knew)
    4. fabulous Mexican dinner
    5. Outlet mall today
    6. Making a baby scrapbook, thank you cards, and finishing beach album.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...