family

family

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day and GOTR 5K

This past week has been crazy here leading up to Mother's Day. The organization I volunteer with GOTR hosted it's spring 5K yesterday. Not only did I serve as a coach this season, but I also was crazy enough to volunteer at the expo before and after the race. 

Here was our selfie booth, where girls/families were able to use props and take photos. We used it as a way to celebrate the season and honor all the moms yesterday. The race was the largest one for the San Diego GOTR program and I was proud to be a part of it. 



Lego partnered with GOTR this year and donated lego kits for the girls to use to express ideas/themes they learned this year. 



Who doesn't love getting their hair spray painted?



The girls were encouraged to sign this poster as a pledge to not engage in girl to girl bullying.




Signing shirts. I remember signing shirts at the end of camp every year.



Our team



The coaches


After all the fun and excitement of the morning I was ready for lunch and a nap which is what I enjoyed once I arrived home.  Here's our obligatory Mom and Me photo.






I would like to say a big thank you to my MIL for helping out this week. When she booked her flight she had no idea how much help she would be this week. And here's a Happy Mother's Day to my mom and sister. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...