family

family

Friday, July 26, 2013

Comic Con


Last week over 150,000 people descended upon San Diego for Comic Con. People from all over the US and abroad come for the 4-Day Trade show and Conference. I've been wanting to go for several years, but tickets are hard to come by. So, Charlotte and I were planning to people watch and celebrity stalk one of the days during the conference. For whatever reason we didn't make it during the week, so Saturday was are only option. Friday afternoon I receive a text from David saying - We may be there some this weekend. After a few more texts I found out that we may have tickets. I was beyond excited!! We went on with our weekend and found out that we would have tickets for Sunday. 

It was more crazy than I expected. I've worked and attended trade shows/conferences and none of them have compared to this. For whatever reason I thought people would be leaving, since it was Sunday, and it would be less crowded. Boy was I wrong. I usually don't mind crowds, I'm one of those Black Friday Shoppers, so I thought would be easy to get around. Wrong again. In the exhibit hall I felt like I was waiting in line to ride the rides at Disney World. There was no room to move. Having a stroller made it more difficult. After walking around 1/4 of the hall we had to get out. Because there were so many people we couldn't see anything up close. The guys from SOA were signing autographs, but we could only see them on the tv screens. I wanted to walk through the Lionsgate exhibit but the line was way too long. After leaving the hall we walked around the convention center and looked for the line to see the main stage. At this point we had about 2 1/2 hours before the panel we wanted to see. When we finally found the line, we realized that we were never going to get in. There had to be hundreds, maybe even thousands in people already in line. 

We decided to walk back through the exhibit hall to catch the rest of the show before calling it a day. After finishing at the hall we walked over to Petco Park to catch the festivities. Upon leaving there, we stumbled on a Breaking Bad fan party. They were on of the panels we had wanted to see. We didn't get a close up of them either but it was still fun to go. By this point we had one tired little girl so we headed home. I want to go back next year and actually get to see the panels. 



Convention Center



Inside the Exhibit Hall


Proof that we were actually there. 




At the Hello Kitty Ugly Doll exhibit. They were sold out by the time we go there. 

Inside the Hall. 


Outside the convention center. 

Hard to tell but underneath the tents were the lines for the panel.


At the Breaking Bad party with our beaker cups they gave out.

One tired little girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...