family

family

Friday, July 19, 2013

Whatever Wednesday

In less than 3 weeks my little girl will officially be a 1 year old. Time has flown by. I remember this time last year anticipating her arrival and wondering who she would look like and what kind of baby she would be. Her upcoming birthday brings me to my two topics today.

Breast feeding:
I have always planned to breast feed as long as I could or up until a year old. As that time is quickly approaching I'm debating what to do. Around the 6th or 7th month C decided she was no longer a fan of the boob. I was actually relieved. She had started to think of feeding time as a game and it tested my patience. After a couple months of weaning I was glad she was showing her independence.  Don't get me wrong that was not the end of our breast feeding experience only hers. For the past 5-6 months I have pumped 5-6 times a day and spend approximately 3 hours prepping, pumping and cleaning bottles. It hasn't been easy and it's definitely exhausting but as long as I was producing I wanted to keep it up. For the last month our schedule has easily allowed for me to cut out one feeding per day.

As we approach the 1 year mark I'm conflicted as to wether or not I should/want to continue pumping. I'm completely over this pumping thing, but ... We have already started mixing breast milk with whole milk so C get's used to it. She flat out refused formula. And only when I was producing a small amount would she take it with breast milk. I didn't want a repeat of that, right when we will be traveling. Did I mention that we are traveling back to MO two days after her birthday, so if I want to continue pumping I have to travel with the pump again. It's not fun. I'm tempted to see how long I can get away with pumping once a day, but I don't know if it will last long. Plus I detest traveling with the pump. If I stop, I have no idea how long it takes to dry up and that could be embarrassing while traveling too. Decisions, decision decisions....


1st Year Photo Shoot:
I'm so excited, probably more excited than I should be, about C's 1 year old pictures. I love taking pictures and having pictures taken. I've read that color palette is key when taking family photos. I've been thinking about this photo session for months and planning it out in my head. There are so many color combos that I'm loving this summer that is was a tough decision to pick one for our family photo. I finally settled on Navy, White and Neon/Hot Pink.

C's Outfit #1 - Hot Pink Jeans, Chambray tank, White denim jacket

C's Outfit #2 - Hot Pink Jeans, Striped Tank, White Denim jacket

My Outfit #1 - Long Maxi Dress

My Outfit #2 - White Jeans, Navy Tank, Pink Cardigan, Pink Bubble Necklace

My Outfit #3 - Navy Eyelet Shorts, Striped Tank, White Bubble Necklace and possible cardigan

Which ones are your favs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...