family

family

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My First Day of School

At the beginning of August I moved to a new city and started at a new school. I was anxious and excited for the fresh start. My expectations were high, but not too high. Sleep could not contain my thoughts before the big day. I rose early and picked out my smartest looking outfit. It was a cross between casual and really professional. When my nerves were at their peak it was time to head out. With a kiss from my hubby, I headed towards the bus.

I walked in to the intimidating building and found my way to the principals office. I met with the lady in charge and she showed me to my classroom. Not to shabby, and definitely an upgrade (view) from my last place. My nerves had settled a bit so I jumped right in.

My thoughts however, were a jumbled mess. Would the people here like me? Would I fit in? Would I have a lunch buddy? Keeping to myself I started in my school work. Throughout the day I ran into people I had met before and was put at ease about my new environment.

As the weeks have passed I grown to like the place. The people are friendly and I think I've made some friends. I guess it was worth the transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...