family

family

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Operation Beautiful

I've been hearing about Operation Beautiful for a while now. After reading about the concept on a friend's blog and watching a clip from the Today Show I decide to try it out.

For those of you unfamiliar with Operation Beautiful, it was created by a women named Caitlin, from North Carolina who was frustrated by the endless negative talk women tell themselves. She began leaving positive messages on the mirrors of public restrooms — at work, at the gym, at the grocery store.

I first saw a post it in my bathroom at work. At that time I didn't realize there was a reason behind the note. I honestly thought is was silly. I don't remember what the note said, but I do remember the note existed on our mirror for sometime. I don't step out of my comfort zone too often, but I wanted to leave a note somewhere for someone to find after watching the interview with Caitlin. I drafted a note and decided to leave it on a magazine at Borders. I tend to compare myself with women in magazines all the time. The note remained in my bag for several days before I ventured to the bookstore. Borders is always busy and I didn't want someone to see my leave the note. I circled the magazines for several minutes before deciding to leave the note on Marie Claire. On the front Mary Kate Olsen was pictured. Here's my photo. I hope it made someone's day. I just might leave notes places more often.

1 comment:

  1. oh, i'm so glad you jumped on the operation beautiful bandwagon. i think caitlin rocks. i even bought the book! i hope you find the courage to post more notes bc it honestly makes my day when i post. i have yet to find one that someone else posted, but i can't wait til that happens too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...