family

family

Friday, September 03, 2010

College Football Season Has Begun

Growing up I hated football and that's American Football. Here are the reason's why (in no particular order):
1. My family wasn't into football
2. STL did not have a NFL team
3. My schools did not have football teams. I don't think there was enough boys to fill an entire team. The girls would have made up the team.
4. We had one TV growing up and football came on during my TV time on the weekends.
However, after attending a college with a respectable (most of the time) team I gradually started liking the sport. Over the past few years my interest in COLLEGE FOOTBALL has grown and I can't wait for game day. It's been many years since I've actually been to a college game and I really want to see my Tigers play this year. We are heading to STL tonight (I'm riding the Mega Bus) to watch the Tigers play tomorrow. We don't have tickets to the game :( but we are hoping to meet up with college pals and watch it. I'm planning to hit up the tailgate in the morning.

Now that David is back in school I guess I have two teams to cheer for and we may actually get to see a Northwestern game since it's pretty close. I don't know if this was national or not, but in Chicago, tons of people are sporting their school colors in support of opening day. Being the professional I am, I decided it was best to save my school spirit for tomorrow. Plus I don't think the big guy would like it.

M-I-Z...

2 comments:

  1. Z-O-U!!!

    But really GO GATORS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i fyou go to a northwestern game, you'll be just a few blocks from where i grew up! i used to bust into that stadium as a kid with my mom when they were desperate for fans so they didn't kick us out. good times:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...