family

family

Sunday, July 12, 2015

What We've Been Up To

A few weeks ago, my friend Julie invited me and the kids to join her and her family in Palm Springs for a few days. Not one to turn down an invitation I threw the kids in the car and off we went. We spent the first day swimming in the pool and ended the night watching Steel Magnolias. Neither Julie or I had ever seen it and we didn't finish it. I was falling asleep so we opted for bed instead of finishing the movie.


The next day we took aerial tram up the mountain. It was beautiful! We didn't make it too far on the trail, but the kids had fun exploring the land, climbing the rocks and digging in the dirt.










This past week we took the kids to the Fire House Museum in downtown San Diego. It was pretty cool to see the old trucks, equipment etc and how far technology has come. The volunteer was incredible with the kids. He showed them how the equipment worked, let them rings multiple bells, climb on several trucks and showed them the sleeping quarters which are usually closed. We were the only ones there and it was nice that the kids didn't disturb anyone. I highly recommend going here if your local. I'm already planning my next visit.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...