family

family

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Family Vacation Part 2

One of my second cousins is getting married this fall and her bridal shower fell over one of the weekends I was going to be back in MO. The girls decide to make it into a road trip so on Friday morning, my sister and I headed up to Chicago where we would meet up with my mom and SIL. The last time we were all in Chicago was 3 years ago about 6 weeks before Charlotte was born. This trip reminded me how much I miss the city, even though we didn't make it downtown. 


My sister and I drive up Friday morning with three little ones who did awesome. We did have to make an emergency stop along the way because we thought C peed her pants. She actually was able to hold it until we stopped. We made it to the hotel early Friday afternoon and made plans for dinner. The kids were crazy at dinner and we were all ready for bed. 


Saturday morning everyone was up early and the three mommas headed out for breakfast while Mimi manned the hotel room with four little ones. Once we were showered we left for the shower. We were appropriately placed at the back of the restaurant where the girls could be loud and run around. I enjoyed seeing my Dad's side of the family whom I hadn't seen in 3 years. The shower was held at Portillos and the food was a delicious as I remembered. 




After the shower we headed to the outlet mall followed by a bar be cue at my cousin's. On our way back we made a few pit stops which included Lou Malnatis pizza. YUM!



C'mon Mom, I'm tired of waiting for you.


We headed back early the next morning. As hectic as it was we all had FUN. 




Monday we headed back to SD. The second flight was rough for all of us. Both kids pooped their pants towards the end of the flights and were whiny.  Needless to say we were all happy to get home to our own beds. 




1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I'm so sad we missed you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...