family

family

Friday, October 25, 2013

Whatever Wednesday

In honor of breast cancer awareness month I'm encouraging all the women out there to treat themselves to a breast exam, bra-fitting and new bra. Last week as I was reading one of the blogs I follow I was introduced to a new bra brand at a reasonable price. As a mom whose body changed over the last 18 months I was in desperate need of a new bra. I've only been fitted at VS and was told by my doctor to head over to Nordstrom for a proper bra fitting. Before purchasing said bra (available online only for the price) I decided I should be fitted since I knew my size changed.

After browsing the bras and finding the brand that was on sale I asked for a bra fitting and mentioned that I was only browsing and would probably purchase the sale bra online. The girl who helped me spent about an hour with me and gave me 30+ options from a number of labels. She also fitted me and you guessed it, I was a different size than what I had been wearing. She also talked to me about fit and how your bra should lay/look. Seriously I think I've been wearing the wrong band size for ages. Who knew that when your band rides up in the back it's a sign that it's too big. I always thought it meant that the bra was worn out and adjusted the shoulder straps to compensate. It worked for awhile. I left with the names/styles of 6-7 different bras I love and vowed to purchase from her if I decided to take the plunge. As nice as these bras were I was shocked by the prices $58-75. I realize that if it's a good bra it's worth the price. I went home and compared the one I had seen online with the ones I tried on and clicked purchase. The bra came in the mail today and I love it. I'm thinking about ordering another one, especially since it was 50% off.

One another note, two of my teams are playing at the same time this Saturday - STL Cardinals and the Missouri Tigers. This is fourth time in the past 10 years the Cardinals have played in the World Series. This weekend also marks the 102nd MIZZOU Homecoming festivities. My team is 7-0 for the first time since 2010. Who knew we would have this kind of year? I really wish we could be there for the game and for my niece's 2nd birthday. Happy Birthday Harper!!!

Am I the only one who can't get back into running? I have been struggling to get motivated to run since I left my running group months ago. I thought when we moved it would be easy to do, but it's worse. We have so many hills in our neighborhood that I can't make it up one hill without stopping. I want to run a 1/2 marathon next spring and I need to get back into shape pronto. I've been feeling like a blob.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...