family

family

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Whatever Wednesday

A few weeks ago I decide to try a series of posts called Whatever Wednesday which would consist of a hodge podge of posts. I haven't been very successful, but each day is a new day to start over.

Back in February a blogger that I follow came up with an idea called Pin-spired. The reason for the challenge was to encourage her followers to share their Pinterest inspired outfits and the readers recreations. I have been doing this for the past 3 months and I decided to challenge myself this month even further. I wanted to pick a color combination and see how many outfits I could create. Each week I would pick a new color combo. First up, coral and green. I know I saw this color combination somewhere on Pinterest and realized that I loved it. After sifting through my closet I came to the realization that I had a number of items in these two colors. I was really excited to get started. Here are the outfits I created. Nothing fancy, and I liked most of them. I even got inspiration for other outfits by wearing some of the older pieces. My necklace, watch and shoes are repeated in several outfits, because well I just like them.







I am terrible at these selfie photos. Clearly I need a lesson in photographing myself. 

Next week yellow and gray combos. Any favorite color combos I should try?

The next thing I'd like to talk about is books. I've only read 3 books since Charlotte was born. I used to be an avid reader, but know I can't find the energy to do so. One book I really loved was Jodi Piccoult's Storyteller. I've been a fan of hers for years, but the last few books have been eh. However, I couldn't put this one down. I LOVED it. Another book I've beard people talking about is Gone Girl. I'm still on the waiting list at the library, which is ok since I haven't finished the last book I checked out. What are you reading now?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous25.4.13

    Love the second pic Laura! You look great! Can't believe you had a baby :)

    --Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. In terms of books...I've read easy peasy books for blogging review since I have a deadline....but I think I've read maybe three chapters of The Pickwick Papers and that's all... I really need to schedule some reading time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...