family

family

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Tragedy

My heart is truly broken remembering the events that happened in Boston yesterday. As a fellow runner, I think about the 10+ distance races I've been a part of and the exhilarating feeling that race day brings. I can't imagine what anyone there experienced. I've been to Boston several times and stayed at the Fairmont near the finish line. The outpouring of support shows what a great nation we are in times of tragedy. 

In the past 24 hours we have seen/heard first hand reports of the tragedy and praise for the first responders. We have been told the number the number of deaths and injuries. We are angry and outraged at the person(s) responsible for these acts. However, I am also deeply saddened for other reasons.

In the past few weeks another tragedy has plagued our nation. And that tragedy is the illegal abortions that have been performed over the last 20ish years by Dr. Gosnell. I know he has been in the news before for some of his actions, but I am just now becoming aware of him. This isn't a political rant. It doesn't matter what side of the issue you are on, this should outrage, disgust and sadden all of us. Bottom line what he was doing was illegal. 

I feel one of the things wrong with our society is what the media decides to report. The majority of us get our news from the national and local media or Facebook and if something isn't talked about on a major news source it's swept under the rug. I realize that there are other stories most of us hear nothing about because no one wants to talk about it. It saddens me that horrific things like this are happening everyday. I pray that we not only stand as a nation when shootings and bombings happen, but when any innocent life is taken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...