family

family

Friday, May 18, 2012

View from a coffee shop

Most people outside of Chicago are unaware of the dignitaries, tourists and protestors that have ascended on Chicago this weekend for the NATO Summit. Trash cans along streets have been replaced, police officers are on every block, at least on the major streets, and helicopters can be heard overhead. I wouldn't say I'm scared or afraid but it is unsettling thinking about all the bad things that could potentially happen.

So when my company gave us the option to work from home today and Monday I gladly took advantage of it. Who wouldn't want to enjoy the beautiful weather on the glorious day. Instead of sitting in my stuffy office I'm hear at a local tea shop enjoying my morning. I'm actually getting alot done in between my people watching. Now I would much rather me at home in front of my tv with laptop in hand, but that wasn't in the cards this morning. Stupid internet. Here's to having a productive day at a slower pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...