family

family

Thursday, May 03, 2012

The end of another chapter

Today is the last day of finals for the 2012 Northwestern Law School students. My husband is taking his last final ever (we'll see about that) as we speak. There's nothing like waiting till the last minute. The deadline for finals is this afternoon before the annual Booze Cruise. Yes, that's right there's booze cruise to help students celebrate their accomplishment. The free flowing alcohol and food make for an interesting site. I attended last year and participated in the mayhem. I would be going this year as well if it wasn't for my condition.

I can't believe how fast the past two year have gone by. Yes, that's correct the program David was accepted into was an accelerated program. I remember the phone call like it was yesterday. I was on site for work in Florida when I got the call. David and I had actually had a fight the night before, so I wasn't looking forward to talking with him, but I picked up since that was what the fight was partially about. He was in a very chipper mood which surprised me, but I soon found out why. He told me NU had called and offered him an incredible opportunity to be a part of their "new" (2nd year accelerated program) which started in 3 weeks. I was dumbfounded to be honest. After he told me about the scholarship they had offered him I knew it was an answer to prayer. I know I've mentioned this before but our criteria for a school/location was a decent scholarship to help cover the costs, a top 10 school if possible and in a city where I could easily find a job. There was no denying that this was from God. Even though it meant that we would be a part for 2 1/12 months that summer while I tidied up things in DC I told him he had to take it. God has truly blessed us these past two years with my job, David's future job, friends, a city that we both love and it's proximity to home and now with our baby. I couldn't be happier.

This whole post is a shout out to my wonderful husband whose accomplished so much in a short period of time and a compliment to his parents who raised a caring, compassionate, intelligent, and friend to everyone son. I'm so excited to celebrate his graduation next weekend with our families!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...