family

family

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Disneyland



When we decided to buy tickets to the MLS game we contemplated staying an extra day and tackling Disneyland. While Anaheim is fairly close spending 3-4 hours in the car driving and walking around in the sun all day with two kids doesn't sound fun. I've been hinting since last summer that I wanted to take C before she turned 3 so we could get her in free. We were lucky to have our good friend Yohan join us for the day. He was a trooper too, carrying C around the park when she got tired of walking.

Up bright and early and ready for Disneyland

We ended up getting the park hopper pass and I'm glad we did. I didn't realize the parks are right next to each other and went back and forth between them several times. I did some Pinteresting the week before and read several blogs for tips and tricks to making the most of our day. Plus I asked several friends what they recommended since our kids are the same ages.

Riding the tram from the parking lot to the park.
When we arrived I split from the boys and went directly to Royal Hall. The boys headed off to reserve Space Mountain fast passes. The line was so short they got passes and rode the ride. Our line was pretty short too and we only had to wait 20 minutes to see 3 princesses - Mulan, Cinderalla and Snow White. While on our way to the princesses I picked up passes for the Frozen show later that morning. After meeting the princesses we headed back to Tomorrowland for a few rides. We rode Space Mountain and some other spaceship ride which I think was the longest line we stood in (20 minutes) all day. After we finished the ride it was time for the Frozen show. We made it back just in time to wait and find out they were canceling the show due to technical difficulties. They brought Anna out for pictures to appease all the angry parents. By this time C was solo hungry that she almost gave up her spot in line for a snack. Girl gets cranky when she's hungry.







Riding the spaceship ride

We headed over to Adventureland for lunch and a few rides. On our way we grabbed fast passes for the Carsland ride. It was around 11:30 and our passes weren't good until 8:00 that night. We weren't sure if the kids would last that long, but we got them anyway. For lunch we devoured corn dogs. They were so good and I highly recommended them. Next we rode the Ariel ride and headed off have our picture taken with one of the Disney characters. We were happy to find out that Minnie was the character of choice. We rode a few more rides in Adventureland before heading back to Disneyland. By this time C decided to take a nap, something she rarely does anymore and we thought our time at Disney might be over. While she slept we waited in line and grabbed a Dole Whip. It was delicious and worth the wait.



Riding the Ariel ride




Since the parade was getting ready to start we wandered over to watch. I had read that reserving space could be a challenge but I didn't expect grown ups to be so rude and stand/sit in front of our strollers in the 6 inches that were available. Seriously, I think Disney brings out the worst in some people. We stayed for most of the parade before heading back over to see more princesses. This time we saw Meridia, Rapunzel, Belle, Cinderella and Snow White. We had hoped to see Ariel (C and my's favorite princess) but she was no where to be found. We rode a few more rides, met Mickey, ate some more snacks and headed back over to Adventureland to ride Cars. We had an hour to kill before our fast passes were available so we grabbed another corn dog, bought a hat and relaxed.











The Cars ride was worth our 10 minute wait. The regular line had a waiting time of 90 minutes. I don't know if I have the patience to wait in those kind of lines anymore. The ride was well done and my favorite part was racing another car at the end. We watched the Cars movie this past week and I was amazed at how much the ride mimicked the movie. We left after the ride but heard the fireworks going off as we were riding the tram back to our car.




The day/weekend was so much fun and the kids did so well. Neither one of them whined or complained the whole time. I have to say that I expected Disneyland to be much bigger. And I thought we'd see Cinderella's castle, but I found out it's a much smaller Sleeping Beauty's castle or as I called it Cinderella's vacation home. I would love to take C back before her birthday, but I don't know if we will make it.

Souvenirs from our trip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...