family

family

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Happy Memorial Day and Summer Bucket List

Memorial Day has always been one of my favorite times of the year. For half of my life it meant the end of a school year, summer camps and long summer nights. In my adult years I came to understand what it truly meant. We lived in DC for 5 years and every year I thought about attending the Memorial Day service at Arlington Cemetery, but never did. Even though, today was one of the coldest Memorial Days I can remember and we didn't have any plans I still took a minute to remember the fallen who gave the ultimate sacrifice. I thought it would have been appropriate to end the day by watching American Sniper, but Redbox didn't have it.

With the official kick off to summer underway I wanted to share this year's bucket list. Some of these are repeats of things we've already done and there are several new things. I love having activities to look forward to with friends.

Summer Bucket List (in no particular order)

1. Celebrate our 10th Anniversary
2. Visit Tijuana (this probably won't happen, but we are so close...)
3. Leatherhead Aviation Museum (Did this last week)
4. Birch Aquarium
5. Apple Picking in Julian
6. San Diego County Fair
7. Take a ferry ride/walk around Coronado
8. Donuts @ #DonutBar and Farmer's Market
9. Firehouse Museum (Free 1st Thursday of the month)/Tour of Firehouse  
10. Hikes
11. Lunch with Daddy
12. Roasting marshmallows on the beach at sunset
13. Pool party
14. Swim Lessons
15. Takes pics in Balboa Park
16. Camp on the beach
17. Road trip to LA
18. Movie in the Park
19. Register for summer reading program
20. Trip to Visit Family in MO & IL
21. Grunion Run
22. Check out the tide pools

What are your plans for the summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...