family

family

Friday, January 09, 2015

Adventures with our Elf

Our Elf on the Shelf came to visit us last year, but since C was young she didn't really understand the whole thing. I thought that this year she would be totally into and well for the first couple of days she was. She lost interest in Jane, the name of our Elf, unless she was prompted to look for her.  I still moved around the Elf but less frequently than I had planned.

I made a big deal out of Jane coming to visit with breakfast and gifts. I don't think C understood the whole Elf thing and I guess that's ok. Jane left C and E a letter outlining why she was here and a reminder about the true meaning of Christmas. Knowing that I would be stressed out trying to thing of places to hide Jane I made a list before the baby came. Nothing too elaborate. I don't want to pull out all the big guns this year. Here's where Jane hide during her month with us.

Breakfast with Jane



Swinging from the chandelier

Coloring in a new coloring book

Hanging out in the manger

Fun with M&Ms

Hot Chocolate

Donuts and milk

Playing with legos

Puzzles

Making treat bags for our MOPS workers.

New shirt for dinner with Anna and Elsa. 

Diapers with the stockings

Dancing with Homer

Hiding out in the tree

Saying goodbye to Jane. We left her with our Santa treats. She caught a ride back to the north pole on Santa's sleigh.

Hopefully next year she'll be more into it. Otherwise we may just nix it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...