family

family

Friday, June 06, 2014

Vacation to MO part 1

While on vacation I tend to ignore my blogging duties and embrace being on vacation. This also spills over into e-mail and social media. I kinda of disconnect from these things. Not a bad thing, but I should be better at keeping up as well. 

We started our trip over a week ago with our flight into STL. Charlotte did great on the flight. She watched a movie and slept, so momma got to sleep too. I had packed new toys but we didn't need them. However, the magna doodle I picked up was handy at the airport when I couldn't connect to WiFi. My parents picked me up and we headed to Lyon's Choice, not Qdoba surprise surprise. I had forgotten how much I liked LC. Then it was home to play with the dogs. C couldn't get enough of the dogs and the feeling was mutual. 


The next day my brother and niece came over for a playdate and lunch at Qdoba.  I didn't get a picture of the girls, but they have a great time playing. My mom and I then headed off to one of STL newest outlet malls. We had fun shopping and hanging out with Mimi. When we were finished there, we headed over to my other niece's band concert. 

The next day we headed to CoMo. My nephew wasn't feeling well so we went early and I missed seeing one of my besties, Carrie, but she was understanding. 

That night we headed to Shakespeares Pizza. I love me some pizza especially from Shakespeares. Quick side story about our experience - I had told the girls they could each take an egg shaped shaker (from a drum set) with us. When we arrived the girls waited to receive their ball of dough and C promptly shoved her egg into an opening in the wall. While trying to retrieve it I pushed it farther back into the tube. We thought the tube emptied into the adjacent room, but we found out it wrapped around the entire place with no real purpose. I felt horrible. I know it was only a toy, but it wasn't our toy. The problem with getting the egg out was that the tube curved right away so sticking a knife in wouldn't work. But I tried it anyway. Finally I was able to "force" it out with a straw. Craziest thing. My recommendation to Shakespeares cover that hole. I'm sure we weren't the first person to shove something in there. Also, for all my CoMo peeps who no longer live there, they have branded water cups now. I know this sounds silly, but we use our Shakespeares' cups ALL.THE.TIME. so I added several more to our collection. Lastly, they girls played in the game room while the adults tried to eat and they managed to shake a machine enough and get bouncy balls. They had no idea, and we didn't either, that all their hard work would result in a prize. 


The next day we headed to Sams to pick up the remaining items for Saturday's big party. These two weren't thrilled about going but did very well considering we went to 3-4 stores. 


Playing outside after dinner. 


Saturday was the big party, which you can read about HERE.  C loved the pool at the party. 


We took it easy on Sunday and laid around the house. C and I did the same thing on Monday while everyone else either went to work or went home. Henry finally getting to enjoy his birthday gifts. The girls took over most of his toys. 




The girls had so much fun together. They loved watching the dogs run around, watching movies and brushing their teeth.



One our last night in CoMo, we grilled out and finally captured a good picture of the girls together. Harper is learning the art of taking a selfie and a 1000 other things. 









Tuesday morning C and I headed out to visit a friends who I haven't seen since college. It was so good to catch up with her. We ran a few errands and visited my aunt, who also lives in CoMo before heading to KC with my sis. Until we see you again, thanks for the hospitality STL and CoMo.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...