family

family

Monday, November 25, 2013

Visitors



Last weekend two of my besties from college came for a visit. While the weather wasn't great, we still managed to have a great time. I do feel like the biggest failure for not having a birthday banner, balloons and cake for Carrie's birthday. FRIEND.FAIL. She was gracious about it, but I think a little disappointed. I blame it on Charlotte. ;) I hopefully redeemed myself by grabbing McDonalds breakfast, even though they didn't have the bagel meal. Really McDonalds, really? After taking it easy we headed out to the beach. I had planned on taking them to Coronado, but we changed our plans and headed to La Jolla to see the seals. Another bummer, there weren't many seals. Seriously, I'm 0-2 at this point. Luckily we were able to put our feet in the water at the Children's Pool. Brrr.. it was cold but beautiful. I've never gotten in the water here. Charlotte had a blast, until she was over it. 





Eww my hands are dirty, clean them mommy.


After lunch and dessert we headed home for a quick nap and got ready for dinner. Since we moved we haven't found yummy restaurants in our area, so I was fresh out of ideas for dinner. We ended up at a pizza and beer place. My pizza was good, along with the spinach artichoke dinner, but not everyone loved the pizza.

The next day we headed out to the zoo. Not only was it sprinkling, but also cold. We had the zoo pretty much to ourselves, and say most of the park.


Riding the Skyfari. 


Riding the Skyfari the other way. 
Seriously beautiful. How have I not noticed you before?

We enjoyed an evening in on Friday and reminisced out the college days. Sometimes, I want to go back and do it all again. 

Saturday we once again took it easy.  We ended the the evening with dinner and a melting down 1 year old. She really did good, but was pushed to her limit. 

Saturday we ventured out to a new brunch place. I would definitely go back with our next visitors. I forced them to snap this photo at the airport. 


We had so much fun hosting you guys!! We miss you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...