family

family

Sunday, February 03, 2013

San Diego Safari Park

I've been slacking on my blogging these past few weeks so I figured I would share our latest adventure to the San Diego Safari Park. For those of you unfamiliar with the park it is not the SD Zoo but an additional wildlife park affiliated with the zoo. Since we live close to the zoo we purchased a membership so C and I could go anytime. Admission also include the Safari Park which is approximately 45 minutes away. We have since been to both parks once, but I'm planning to go once every other week in the coming months.

David's dad is in town this weekend and we decided to explore this unknown, to us, park and see how it differed from the zoo. I think we took almost as many pictures of C as we did the animals. I did enjoy this park almost more than the zoo. I can't pinpoint the reason why, but it felt more condensed and manageable. Plus I enjoyed the rugged feeling. The "tram" ride was cool as it allowed us to see the animals in their "natural" habitat. They offer a variety of other add ons like an inside look at the animals and the opportunity to feed the giraffes to zip lining, etc. Here are a few of my favorite photos from the day.


Daddy I'll show you where to go. 


Child-like wonder


Me and my girl


Old rhino


Tour we didn't pay for. 


Giraffe licking the palm tree. 


Cheetah run. Another add on that we didn't pay for but were able to watch. 



Elephants

Rough day

David and I were able to go to dinner sans baby. We had planned to see a movie but it was sold out and neither of us could have stayed up for the 10:00 show. Man we are getting old. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...