family

family

Monday, November 21, 2005

another monday

so my weekend was busy and relaxing. the dinner cruise was amazing. DC is spectacular at night. the air outside was a little crisp, but we went out to enjoy the view. the cruise lasted about 3 hours and was filled with dinner and dancing. afterwards, the rest of the group went to see harry potter, it was late and i wasn't feeling up to it, plus you really have to want to see a movie here. they are $10 each and I might as well wait and buy it on DVD for less. I guess I am not the biggest HP fan, sorry if I offended anyone.

the turkey outreach was interesting. it could have been a bit more organized, but I am glad that i went. For the first couple of hours we didn't really do much because everything was under control. we were face painting the kids faces while their parents waited in line. the face painting got way out of control. i am not complaining, but we had hard core stage make-up first of all. then we had some other volunteers (not with our group) come over and try and take over. it was ok to have extra help, however they didn't know about the paint, and how it won't wash out, so they were putting it on little girl's eyes, and they were smearing it all over themselves. then when we tried to reorganize, they came in an just started painting kids without any line or anything. It was a little frustrating. Anyway, we gave away almost 200 turkey dinners to people in need. It was really a blessing to help out. on our way home, a man stopped us and told us he was thankful that we came to help and he added that he was greatful that we loved God. i was expecting him to say thanks for the turkey, but that's not what he said. it really impressed me.

i got my x-mas decorations out, well the few I have. I think that we are going to buy a tree this weekend. we don't really have anywhere to put it, but we need one. i found out yestarday that my parents will not be able to come for Christmas. It makes me kinda sad. this will be the first complete holiday without my family. I realize that David is my family now, but it will just be different. Since, they won't be coming we might plan a trip to good ole MO during January. hopefully tickets will be less expensive then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...