family

family

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pinterest Thursday: Christmas Outfit/Decor Edition

Around the same time I made C's Thanksgiving outfit I wanted to make a Christmas outfit. Last year I wanted to make this same shirt, but I couldn't find the pattern and I ran out of time. This year I took advantage of the little amount of time that I had left before baby boy arrived and made matching reindeer shirts for the kids. They turned out adorable if I do say so myself.

I used felt for the reindeer and I'm happy to say that it remained intact after washing. They were super easy to make. In my continuing attempt for staged photos we visited the Grinch Christmas Tree in Balboa Park. We, I mean me, forgot the memory card for the big camera so we relied on our iPhones for photos. I don't think the iPhone takes great pictures, of course it could be user error, but that's all we had. I'm looking for ideas on how to use this sled for more pictures this season, but nothing I envision seems to turn out in photos. We picked up the sled at a flea market 2 years ago and have been storing it since.






I started making this wreath last year, before Christmas, but ran out of ornaments. I snagged a few packages of ornaments after Christmas when they went on sale for 50% off and finally finished my wreath in January. It then sat on top of our bookcase until last week when it hung it on our door. 



I have one other Christmas project that I started last year that I have yet to finish. Maybe it will get done by next year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...