family

family

Friday, April 25, 2014

Whatever Friday

Ok, so I've been a little absent from the blogging world. Nothing too exciting has happened. We are just living life.

I've been working on finishing the teepee that I started months ago and was supposed to be a Christmas gift for Charlotte. I have some finishing touches, but the sewing is done. Praise the Lord.
It was a labor of love. More to come.

I've actually found time to squeeze in some reading. I have 3 books that I'm making my way through, Insurgent, Allegiant and Becoming Myself. The first two are from the Divergent series. I read the first book about 3 years ago, so I was definitely lost when I started the second book. It was a quick read and reminded me of the Hunger Games series. I'm on the third book now and hope to finish before it's due next week.

Tomorrow I am hosting my first Matilda Jane Trunk Show. I'm pretty excited, but stressed out on making the house look presentable. I'm almost done cleaning and prepping the food.
Matilda Jane is a unique clothing line that specializes in girls' clothing sizes 6 months to 14 years. They also have a fabulous women's clothing line that compliments the girls' pieces. This exclusive clothing line is not sold in stores and can only be purchased through a Matilda Jane Trunk Show or Trunk Keeper. If you are interested in participating virtually, leave me a contact or send me a Facebook message.

One of my besties is coming in this weekend for a visit. And he'll be back in a few weeks for another visit. Then next week I get to see two of my former co-workers from DC on two separate occasions. We have been blessed to live here for the past 18 months and have visit with so many friends DC, Chicago and back home. We've seen more people since we moved than we did while we lived in Chicago. I understand why it's a desirable place to visit or schedule meetings. However we are entering May Gray and June Gloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...