family

family

Sunday, December 02, 2012

Cloth Diapers

My parents used cloth diapers with us when we were babies and I never imagined that I would be using them too. The whole process disgusted me. Here I am 20+ years later and I'm using cloth diapers. They have come along way since the foldable cloth, pins, and waterproof panties. Oh wait, they are basically them same with different closures and fabric.

I first heard about the "reinvention" of cloth diapers several years ago when our friends from church all started having babies and were planning on using them. After seeing them in action I thought those aren't so bad and the new designs were adorable. When my sister announced that she was pregnant and planning on using them I almost lost it and decided I would give her a couple months before they switched to disposables. I don't think they use them all the time, due to their sitter, but ....  she lasted longer than I expected.

When we found out we were pregnant I told David that I wanted to give them a try. If other people I knew could handle it, so could we. However once we started using the disposables I was scared hesitant to transition C to them. We decided to wait until we moved to start using them since our old apartment did not have a w/d in the unit. I put off washing them for a few weeks after we moved in, but it's been a month now and things are going well. I don't find them to be difficult and I can coordinate them to match most of C's outfits which make things fun. We use the Bum Genius brand. I haven't tried other brands as these have worked for us. We were fortunate enough to be able to touch and feel all of the diapers at Cotton Babies. They only have three actual stores and two of them happen to be in St. Louis. Every time we go home, we make a trip there. I also love their website since they have free shipping.

Here's a pic of C in her diaper.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...