family

family

Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Pinterest: Part 1

This was second Thanksgiving of my marriage that I cooked dinner. Yes, the second time I cooked. David and I have either eaten out or been with others for Thanksgiving. And because it was usually just the two of us we never felt like preparing the traditional dinner. But, since our family expanded to three this year we decided to cook. However I did entertain the idea of eating out for a day or two.

Again since only two of us would be eating we decided on a simple menu - Cornish Hens, Sweet Potatoes, Stuffing and Rolls. We tried three different recipes for our dinner two of which came from Pinterest. I also made Sweet Potato Humus, but since our food processor broke in the middle of making it we abandoned the project and it now sits in the refrigerator. I also had plans to make chocolate chip and pumpkin muffins for dessert, but that didn't happen either. I did however make Pumpkin Bread Pudding for breakfast which ended up as dessert as well. I would recommend all of the recipes we tried.



Stove Top Stuffing
Cornish Hens




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...