family

family

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sisters

My sister and I didn't always get along. She's five years older than me and mature beyond her years. I've always looked up to her. We didn't become "real" friends until I went away to college. By then I was on my own and we had more in common than ever before.

My sister encouraged me to run my first marathon and trained with me for six months. (She in Chicago and I in DC). Almost 5 hours later (a little less) we crossed the finish line hand in hand. It was a moment I will never forget. I don't think I could have done it without her.

She will be leaving Chicago soon. We've hung out more in the last 6 weeks than we did in the past 2 years. No more shopping or running after work. I know I'll survive, but I don't know if she will. :) Here are some pics of us over the years.






My marathon photo refuses to update.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics! I'm sorry she's leaving :(
    I enjoyed reading your last few posts.
    I'm late with this but happy 29th birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...